Thursday, July 21, 2011

Good deal even without coupons!

This week (until Tuesday, 7/26) there is a small "Buy 4, Save $4" deal going on at Safeway. There aren't many items included, and I almost skipped over it when I went through the circular. But then I noticed that two of the items included were items I had coupons for. So off I went to see what the prices would be if I bought 4 (since that information wasn't in the circular) and used my coupons.



The Smucker's ice cream toppings are $1.00 each in this sale, Pillsbury cake mixes are 99 cents and...wait for it...the Pillsbury brownie mixes are 25 cents each, even without coupons!



So here's the beauty of it (and a lesson to print off EVERY coupon you think you might use, even if it's not a regular item in your household). I had a coupon for $1.00 of two Smuckers toppings which, when doubled, made them 25 cents each. Then I bought two brownie mixes to get my four items. But I also had a coupon for 55 cents off one Pillsbury brownie mix which, when doubled, EARNED me 80 cents - which paid for my other three items that totaled 75 cents. I just wanted to show you that even a less-than-extreme couponer can get things for free every once in a while.


So even if you don't have the coupons, I'd say it's worth your time to hit up this sale at Safeway. 25-cent brownie mix isn't too shabby!

No comments:

Post a Comment